The University of Kent is currently accepting applications for the Fulbright Awards, offering an opportunity for U.S. students to pursue a master’s or higher research degree at the University of Kent for the academic year 2022/2023.
This scholarship is open to students from the United States who wish to commence their studies at the University of Kent. Successful applicants will receive coverage for international tuition fees as well as maintenance support.
The University of Kent, located in Kent, England, is a public research university with a semi-collegiate structure. It was granted its Royal Charter on January 4, 1965. Known as a global institution, the University of Kent boasts a diverse student body representing over 150 countries. Furthermore, 41 percent of its educational and research staff are based outside of the United Kingdom. The University of Kent has achieved recognition in global rankings, particularly in areas such as Communication and Media Studies (Journalism), Law, and Psychology.
Reasons to Consider Studying at the University of Kent:
The University of Kent offers an education that equips graduates to find opportunities worldwide while providing a broad spectrum of skill development to prepare students for their future careers. The institution provides internationally respected degrees, fosters a cosmopolitan student community, and offers exciting work prospects.
- Full tuition fees
- Maintenance support
Brief Description of the UK Fulbright Awards for USA Students:
- Application Deadline: Fulbright applications are open from April until October.
- University or Organization: The University of Kent
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master’s or higher research program
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Award Location: United Kingdom
Eligibility for UK Fulbright Awards for USA Students:
- Eligible Country: USA
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Master’s or higher research programs in any field offered by the University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for this opportunity, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen residing anywhere except in the United Kingdom.
- Hold or expect to receive a Bachelor’s degree (or possess equivalent professional training or experience) in a relevant field before departing for the UK.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of the United States of America at the time of application.
How to Apply for the UK Fulbright Awards for USA Students:
All eligible students are required to apply for and secure admission to a master’s or higher research program at the University of Kent. Following admission, you can proceed to apply for the Fulbright award.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Recommendation letter
- Academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of identity
Candidates must review and satisfy all of the university’s entry requirements for their chosen program of study.
Students must meet the university’s minimum English language entry requirements to demonstrate their proficiency in both written and spoken English, ensuring it is at the required level for postgraduate studies.
The University of Kent will cover full international tuition fees and provide maintenance support, which includes a full tuition fee waiver from the university and a contribution towards general living expenses (such as accommodation, travel, subsistence, etc.) while studying in the UK.