American Cruise Lines Inc. proudly stands as the largest cruise line operating under the USA flag within the United States. The company is currently seeking dedicated Assistant Hotel Managers to join their shipboard team for the upcoming season. American Cruise Lines exclusively operates within the United States and maintains a fleet of passenger vessels, each accommodating no more than 200 guests. This unique setup offers an exceptional small ship experience. With the recent addition of newly constructed vessels to the fleet, this presents an excellent opportunity to become part of the shipboard management team and explore your potential in hotel management and beyond.
As an Assistant Hotel Manager, your primary role involves supporting the Hotel Manager in overseeing the Hotel Department to ensure the delivery of high-quality service, adherence to standards, and the satisfaction of guests’ expectations. You will be responsible for supervising the shipboard hotel management team and ensuring that all employees follow approved company procedures. This includes upholding service standards in dining, culinary, housekeeping, shore excursions, onboard enrichment, guest services, customer interaction, crew morale, and training. The Assistant Hotel Manager plays a crucial role in achieving service excellence and ensuring superior guest satisfaction. This role also involves accountability for the performance of all Hotel Department crew members, with a particular focus on hotel officers and the executive chef. In addition, providing gracious hospitality to guests while maintaining safety, courtesy, professionalism, and efficiency is of paramount importance.
To be considered for the role of Assistant Hotel Manager at American Cruise Lines Inc., you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Hotel & Restaurant Management.
- Possess management and hospitality experience.
- Be available for travel and open to working a flexible schedule, including extended periods.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of management experience at a full-service hotel, resort, or cruise ship.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Successfully undergo and pass the US Coast Guard regulated pre-employment drug test.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Assistant Hotel Manager
As an Assistant Hotel Manager, your duties and responsibilities will encompass:
- Supervising the Housekeeping Manager and Guest Service Coordinator under the guidance of the Hotel Manager.
- Providing assistance to the Hotel Manager as directed.
- Assisting the Dining Room Manager during all meal services.
- Assuming the Hotel Manager’s duties during their scheduled 1 to 2-week time off from the ship.
- Preparing for the turnover and handoff of duties during scheduled time off.
- Maintaining a presence and availability during all meal services, whether in the front or back of the house.
- Ensuring the Housekeeping Manager maintains cleanliness in all staterooms and public spaces.
- Conducting room inspections.
- Preparing for the turnaround day process.
- Overseeing bar operations and managing wine/liquor inventory.
- Demonstrating leadership and maintaining a professional presence.
- Ensuring visibility and availability to all guests and crew.
- Holding officers and crew accountable to American Cruise Lines’ standards.
- Ensuring compliance with American Cruise Lines’ Operations Manual, service standards, and procedures.
- Evaluating the performance of the management team and providing immediate corrective feedback as needed.
- Anticipating the needs of guests and crew.
- Responding promptly to guest requests and ensuring service delivery.
- Identifying and promptly resolving problems.
- Assisting with breakfast, lunch, and dinner services, cocktail hour, and onboard events.
- Overseeing crew orientation, training, scheduling, crew appearance, uniform standards, and discipline.
- Assisting ship officers in achieving weekly sales targets.
- Maintaining impeccable cleanliness in passenger areas and ensuring adherence to all housekeeping standards.
- Ensuring the sanitation and cleanliness standards of crew rooms.
- Monitoring shipboard business transactions, accounting, timecards, and home office reporting.
- Completing daily ship inspections and walk-throughs with the Mate to generate a daily work list, with follow-up to ensure tasks are completed.
- Creating consistently positive crew experiences to enhance employee retention.
- Performing bartending duties as needed alongside other management personnel.
In return for your dedication, American Cruise Lines Inc. offers the following benefits:
- A competitive salary ranging from $48,762 to $63,796, in addition to other incentives.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and a matching 401k.
- Complimentary travel accommodations.
- No living expenses aboard the ship (room and board included).
- Access to training programs to support your career growth.
- Continuous opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Onboard accommodations and meals provided.
- Work Schedule:
- 7 days per week while onboard the ship.
- 6 to 8 weeks working and living onboard the ship.
- 1 to 2 weeks of shore leave vacation.
American Cruise Lines Dubuque, IA, USA
$48,762 to $63,796
This is your chance to join the team at American Cruise Lines Inc. as an Assistant Hotel Manager, where you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional experiences to guests and ensuring the highest standards of service.
visit companys website to apply: https://www.americancruiselines.com/