- Salary: $16–$18 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time
Job Description: Apple Daycare and Out of School Care Ltd in Canada is seeking a dedicated Daycare Supervisor for their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and coordinating various childcare activities. Below are the key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role:
- Care for newborns and toddlers by feeding, bathing, and diapering.
- Develop and implement childcare programs that promote and support children’s physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
- Engage children in storytelling and educational activities.
- Observe and supervise employees, students, or volunteers.
- Lead activities such as reading stories, teaching songs, and organizing outings to nearby attractions.
- Assist early childhood educators in executing programs that enhance children’s development.
- Help maintain records as needed by early childhood instructors or managers.
- Encourage children’s creativity through art, drama, music, and physical activities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to children in developing good eating, clothing, and toileting habits.
- Assist with daycare supplies maintenance and support in cooking and housekeeping tasks.
- Prepare reports for parents, guardians, or supervisors regarding children’s learning or behavioral concerns.
- Participate in staff meetings to discuss children’s progress and address any issues.
- Ensure compliance with the Day Nursery Act and licensing regulations.
- Set expectations for children’s behavior and communicate them clearly.
- Assess children’s skills, interests, and needs, and discuss any concerns with parents and colleagues.
- Collaborate with coworkers and community service providers working with children.
- Create and maintain a safe environment that prioritizes children’s health, safety, and well-being.
- Plan and coordinate extracurricular activities for school-age children in daycare centers before and after regular school hours.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of other early childhood educators and assistant educators.
- Background checks, including criminal records, child abuse registry, child welfare, and vaccination history.
- Personal characteristics such as punctuality, dependability, interpersonal effectiveness, strong writing and verbal communication skills, flexibility, relationship awareness, judgment, reliability, teamwork, values, and morals.
- Must be able to meet specific screening inquiries:
- Availability to start on the scheduled date.
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada.
- Residence proximity to the listed location.
- Prior work experience in the childcare industry.
- Possession of the required certificates as listed.
- Highest academic level attained.
- Job Status: Just posted
- Application Method: Apply online
If you believe you meet the qualifications and are passionate about childcare, we encourage you to apply for this position. Feel free to share this informative post with your friends and family on various social media platforms. Your network might include someone perfect for this role!